Through the Orang Utan Republik Education Initiative, OURF has been providing grants to worthy education projects in Indonesia for the last 8 years, and to develop our vision has initiated and supported the following:
1) Facilitating and supporting events such as Orang Utan Caring Week (Pekan Peduli Orang Utan) internationally and Earthday.
2) Organizing and hosting conferences, workshops, symposia and seminars for Indonesian educators and government officials.
3) Collaborating with other orangutan organizations to develop and deliver education curricula to reduce human-orangutan conflict.
4) Developing media in Bahasa Indonesia that will target Indonesian youth and adults through public service announcements, documentaries, booklets, posters, videos, etc.
5) Establishing & managing a competitive local Indonesian award and scholarship programs for conservation curriculum development particularly in habitat areas.
6) Supporting and encouraging the Orangutan Caring Club of Indonesia to create and deliver quality education and conservation education programs to target audiences in North Sumatra and elsewhere.
7) Establishing and maintaining this website to distribute information electronically.
8) Producing a periodic newsletter and e-Update to communicate with its supporters. (To access archived issues, please register on the home page).