Through the Orang Utan Republik Education Initiative, OURF has been providing grants to worthy education projects in Indonesia for the last 8 years, and to develop our vision has initiated and supported the following:
- the Orangutan Caring Scholarship Program and LP Jenkins Memorial Fellowship for Orangutan and Rainforest Research.
- the Orang Utan Republik Education Indonesia and the Orangutan Caring Clubs as all-Indonesian conservation advocacy groups.
- the Mobile Education and Conservation Unit (MECU) program to reduce human-orangutan conflict and improve villager livelihood through sustainable agricultural techniques.
- annual events such as Orang Utan Caring Week (Pekan Peduli Orang Utan) internationally and Earthday.
- petitions to take action on various issues such as the illegal pet trade and illegal destruction of forests.
- conferences, workshops, symposia and seminars for Indonesian educators and government officials.
- projects with other organizations that develop and deliver education curricula to reduce human-orangutan conflict.
- Development of media in Bahasa Indonesia that will target Indonesian youth and adults through public service announcements, documentaries, booklets, posters, videos, etc.
- websites (orangutanrepublik.org) and social media to distribute information electronically.
- Production of e-Update and reports to communicate with its supporters.