LP Jenkins Fellowship Application Form
The application for the Jenkins Memorial Fellowship consists of five components:
- ¨ a Summary of Proposed Research form which includes basic information on the applicant and proposed study as well as an outline of its objectives and activities. Annotations to the Summary of Proposed Research is provided for clarification.
- ¨ a narrative description of the proposed research, including purpose, rationale, background; proposed methodology-including statistics to be employed with collected data, anticipated result scenarios; theoretical or practical implications of the research. This section should be no more than five pages.
- ¨ a budget, including all components and funding sources. This section should be no more than two pages.
- ¨ personal statement from applicant as to why he/she thinks they will be able to complete the study as projected; experience they have to increase probability of success in field. This section should be no more than two pages.
- ¨ letter(s) of recommendation from academics in field of study. This section should have no more than five letters.
These five elements should be placed in sequential order with the Summary of Proposed Research as the first page of the proposal package.
Priority Consideration: Proposals focusing on orangutan populations not previously studied will be given greater priority status by the review committee. However, quality of the proposal and confidence by the review committee that the study can be successfully completed will carry greater weight.
Conditions of funding: The recipient(s) of the Jenkins Memorial Fellowship must be willing to agree to the following:
- - they must have their research permit in hand to receive funding;
- - they need to produce a popular report (1,000-2,000 words with photos submitted electronically and in hardcopy) for the Orang Utan Republik Foundation's newsletter within a year of disbursement; and
- - they need to produce a more academic report for OURF (2,000+ words with photos submitted electronically and in hardcopy) which will present the results of the study. The report will become the property of OURF and be compiled with other reports into an OURF publication for donors to the fund and for sale benefiting the Fellowship.
Application Submission: Three (3) copies of the completed application which contain the research proposal summary form, narrative description, budget, personal statement and letter(s) of recommendation must be sent to the Orang Utan Republik Foundation, 2461 Santa Monica Boulevard, #828, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA., attention: LPJ Memorial Fellowship, no later than May 1st of the year for proper consideration. An Orang Utan Republik Foundation Review Committee will evaluate the completed applications and make their recommendation to the President of OURF during mid-May of the year of consideration. The Chairman will render a decision shortly thereafter and notify the recipient on or after June 1st of that year.